13/10/2013

카모메, Kamome (Onigiri)

Kamome was my go-to lunch place over summer. It’s tasty, the kimbap/onigiri things are amazing, cheap and comically big. There are branches of Kamome all over the shop. This one is located in Bangi-dong.


Their menu can be a little bit confusing if you don’t read Korean too well, but if you grab a take-out menu (usually located next to the till) there are pictures.


I opted for the Kamome (카모메 세트) Set for 6000 won. This comes with your basic udong (카모메 우동) and your choice of aaannnnnnyyyy onigiri. I went for a mixed, this is just two of the fillings in one onigiri. There is a little part on the menu that shows you which combinations you can get (see red circle). I went for #6, tuna mayo and buldalk (spicy chicken). It was lush.
Phill went for Single Set (싱글 세트) for 8000 won. This comes with your choice of any udong and any onigiri. He chose fish cake udong (오뎅 우동) and tuna mayo. However, these actually work out cheaper if you get them seperately. Well done Kamome... you win.



odeng (fishcake) udong



mixed onigiri before munching


mixed onigiri mid munching

I’ve had Kamome several times from 2 different branches and never been disappointed, but I usually just get 2 onigiri, which is enough of a meal for me.
Also, there is a soup station and there are little plastic pots you can use for take out, awesome!!
TIP: When the menu says spicy (two chillies) they mean it!




1 comment:

  1. This looks really good! I'm glad I found your review because I want to eat onigiri rather than just kimbap in Seoul when I visit next month! I'll keep this review handy when I visit :)

    ReplyDelete